Tune in to our latest podcast where we provide an overview of what to ask for on your Phoenix Rental Home ApplicationFollow @rpmwvphoenix
Friday, 18 August 2017
Wednesday, 16 August 2017
Phoenix Property Management - Top 3 Reasons Why Your Phoenix Investment Property Shouldn't Have A Pool
To buy a Phoenix rental property with or without a pool is the question....and a question we get a lot as Phoenix Property Managers! We suggest whenever possible to purchase without a pool and here are the top three reasons why:
1. A pool and pool equipment are another thing that can break and/or need repairs at your Phoenix rental home and unfortunately the repairs are usually not cheap. Additionally, as a landlord you will want to pay for regular pool service because leaving it up to the tenant can lead to more repairs and expense.
2. It is another legal liability. Even if you have your tenants sign a disclaimer about pool and pool fence liability the reality is that if something goes wrong everyone sues everyone! Also, as the home owner you are most likely to be the one in the equation who has assets thereby making you an easy target for a law suit.
3. You will need to become familiar with Arizona Pool fence laws. Most likely your pool will need some kind of modification whether it be installing a removable pool fence or self closing doors. Click here for an overview of the Arizona Department of Health & Safety pool fence rules.
If the Phoenix rental property you fall in love with happens to have a pool there are some upsides. In the summer time your property will rent faster than comparably properties without a pool. Additionally, you can anticipate about $100 more a month in rent pool versus no pool. Also, consider titling your property into an LLC for additional liability coverage.
For all of your Phoenix property management and Phoenix real estate needs contact RPMWV Phx
855 748 7841
Thursday, 10 August 2017
A few weeks ago we discussed the best way to prepare for the monsoon season the next step is to figure out how to control all of the weeds that have grown due to the rain! Below we outline the five best way to control weeds at your Phoenix rental home:
1. Spray a good quality pre-emergent every 6 months. Although the pre-emergent won't remove the weeds that are there, it will definitely help to keep new weeds from sprouting. We recommend spraying in September and May.
2. Be sure your sprinkler heads are only watering your plants and bushes. Additionally, if you have a plant or bush die remove or cap the sprinkler that was providing that bush water so that you don't get weeds in place of the bush. Also, be sure that your sprinklers are spraying an area close to live bushes as any water outside of the bush can bring about unwanted weeds.
3. Make sure to pull your weeds! Although this one may sound silly; often times people just spray a weed killer and then leave the unsightly dead weeds. The better option is to remove the weeds and then spray a pre-emergent.
4. Use mulch in your garden/bushes/trees to reduce weed growth.
5. Replace dirt yards with rock and be sure to properly prepare your yard for the rock prior to installation using a weed barrier as well as tarp.
Unfortunately weeds are a big issue in Phoenix from March to October so it is best to be preventative and stay on top of the issue before weed growth is out of control!
For all of your Phoenix Real Estate & Phoenix Property Management Needs contact RPMWV Phx
Thursday, 3 August 2017
With the May 2017 numbers we saw a drop in Phoenix rented properties over 2016 however in June we interestingly see an increase....Using numbers from ARMLS the Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service, June Phoenix leased homes were 2461 as opposed to the same time period in 2016 in which 2382 homes leased. The median lease price for the respective same time periods was $1395 in 2017 and $1375 in 2016. The average leased price saw a little bit of an increase year over year but again not the degree that some sources such as Zillow and Truilia have been indicating. The 2016 average lease amount was $1568 in contrast to 2017 in which the average was $1577. The average days on market were very similar year after year with 26 in 2016 and 28 in 2017. Finally, the rent quotient was the same at three rental transactions for every ten sales transactions.
These numbers do help to provide quite a bit of useful information for the Phoenix Real Estate Investor. For example, the continuation of the increasing rental prices in Phoenix is very much real however it isn't as large as a lot of online free sites such as Zillow and Truilia suggest. The demand for Phoenix rental properties is still very much alive which means investing in a Phoenix rental home may be a very good place to park some cash right now.
For all of your Phoenix Real Estate & Phoenix Property Management needs contact RPMWV Phx
855 748 7841
Wednesday, 26 July 2017
No matter how you look at it, moving is stressful! Packing, changing routines and uprooting your household is a surefire recipe for stress no matter who you are. However, adding pets and children into the equation can amp up the stress even more! Here we provide tips for the three steps of a move; preparation, moving day and post move.
The best way to prepare your children is to talk about the move and have them assist with the prep work. Let them decide on things like paint color for their new room. If possible, take them to things such as restaurants, shops and schools near the new property and help them visualize what new memories will be like at the new home. As much as possible try to engage your kids in the packing process so that if you have to pare down their items they assist with the decision making. Be sure to pack a few of their favorite items either in the car or at the top of a box specially marked so they can have them at the new home right away.
Expect moving day to be hectic, and do everything you can to alleviate that stress. If you can, have a friend take your pet for the day so that you don’t have to worry about them getting out while moving things into the new place. Also, maybe see if your kids can do a play day with friends so that they don't have to experience the stress and pressure with the actual move.
Try to unpack all boxes as quickly as possible so that the property starts to feel like a home quickly. Return your pets to their normal eating and walk schedule right away. Also, be sure your kids have their favorite toys. Getting back to routine provides security and comfort to little ones (with both two and four feet!) in the midst of change.
For all of your Phoenix property management & Phoenix Real Estate needs contact RPMWV Phx 623-748-7800; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.rpmwvphx.com
Wednesday, 19 July 2017
It's certainly that time again when the Phoenix skies begin to cover with clouds in the afternoon and before you know it the thunder is deafening and the lightening is blinding....what we Phoenician's call Monsoon Season! During this season traffic becomes a mess as the dark clouds roll in and getting out of your car makes you look like a drowned rat BUT let's not forget what these nasty storms can do to your Phoenix home. As a result we have put together the top three things that can be done to prep your Phoenix rental home for monsoon season.
1. Have your roof thoroughly inspected by a professional roofer who can advise of broken roof tiles and leaks. Have any repairs completed on your roof by end of May before the monsoon season starts.
2. Hire a professional landscaper at the beginning of June to remove all branches from near the property and to remove any trees that could potentially hit the property if struck by lightening. Additionally, stake down any young trees that could be uprooted by the storm.
3. Check drainage around the entire property. Have you ever noticed when it rains there are pools of water in the yard? If so, be sure to get those evaluated as you may need to have your grounds leveled to avoid possible flooding.
In summary, monsoon season can be a very dangerous and expensive time in Phoenix so it is best to prepare your Phoenix rental home prior to the beginning of the storms.
For all of Phoenix Property Management & Real Estate needs contact:
RPMWV Phx 623-748-7800 * email@example.com * www.rpmwvphx.com
Wednesday, 12 July 2017
Enjoy our latest podcast which discuss the best items to highlight in the advertisement for your Phoenix Rental Property. Tip regarding bedroom count is provided at the end!